ttobin banner

BannerFans.com

Monday, October 24, 2011

What is it good for?

War......What is it good for?.......you know the rest.  

No matter what side of the political-fence you sit, the news that our men and women are coming home is wonderful news!  Though I have never served, I have friends and family members that have.  Some have had spouses and/or children deployed over the course of their lifetimes, sometimes multiple tours.  You want to shed a few tears?  Watch one of those surprise reunions of a parent reuniting with their children after being deployed. 





  
If that doesn't hit you right in the gut, I don't know what will.  For that reason, I am thrilled that children will be able to celebrate a lost tooth, first day of school, prom, birthdays, Tuesday, or Just Because Day with their parents.  

I salute YOU for the sacrifices you have made to serve and to protect those of us who have been home watching from afar.  Also, I salute the spouses who have held down their households in the absence of that friend, partner, lover.  You, too deserve an honorary purple heart for your endurance through this war.  

To the families that have lost loved ones during this time, I know that this may be bittersweet. The "what-ifs" are sure to run through your mind at this time.  I know that your loved one's peers returning home will not soothe your pain or loss, but I do pray that in some way, this too can be a celebration of the dedication of the fallen soldiers as well. 

I recorded this song in tribute to ALL service men and women, past and present, and to their families. May God continue to bless and keep you.....


Click here: 
Home - Teri Tobin - Tribute to Military Families 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Teri, I'm TRULY honored to have you as a featured artist on our roster. Being that I'm a military spouse and part of our business caters to the Armed Forces makes you a perfect fit within our company! We are very excited and look forward to having you tour in the near future on some of our domestic and international U.S. military bases to perform for the troops. God bless you! Gina Bamisebi http://www.mosaicglobalperformance.com

    ReplyDelete